The Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology, based at the University of Greenwich in Medway, specialises in helping industry solve its powder and particulate handling problems through consultancy and training.
Our popular pneumatic conveying course, in May, looks at subjects including system components, design techniques, operation and control of blow tank systems, explosion hazards and operational problems. The course also deals with the important but often neglected area of interfacing storage bins with conveying systems.
16 – 18 May or 14 – 16 November: (includes optional practical session on Day 3)
You will learn:
- Techniques for reducing product degradation during conveying
- Ways to reduce maintenance, repair and unplanned stoppages to pneumatic conveying equipment
- Methods of reducing energy consumption
- How to troubleshoot problematic systems
- How to eliminate blockages in pneumatic pipelines
- Explosion Hazards including ATEX Directives
- Operation and control of blow tanks
- System selection and operation
- Interfacing storage bins to conveying systems
- Relevant case studies from industry
The practical session on Day 3 allows delegates the opportunity to use equipment not available in their workplace, or to learn new techniques.
Course fees from £765 per delegate*
For those wanting a more in-depth look at the Design of Pneumatic Conveying Systems, an advanced course has been set up.
5 – 6 December: Advanced course; Pneumatic Conveying System Design; the ultimate aim being to share the most up-to-date knowledge on how to obtain pipeline designs that work reliably, delivering the required throughput without unplanned maintenance and undesired impact on quality of the powder being handled.
Both of these courses can be held on your own premises at a time to suit your operational requirements. Modules can be mixed and matched to provide a bespoke course. Please contact us for details.
*Course fees will be discounted for delegates attending both courses or for multiple registrations on either course; please see www.bulksolids.com for details.
Contact: [email protected]
+44 20 8331 8646