- Product Code:
Digital E3 Modulevel® Liquid Level Transmitter
E3 Modulevel is a 2-wire, loop-powered level transmitters utilising the buoyancy principle to detect and convert liquid level changes into a stable output signal. The linkage between the level sensing element and output electronics greatly simplifies mechanical design and construction. The in-line vertical design of the transmitter reduces instrument weight and the effects of process vibration on electronic circuitry components while simplifying installation.
The Digital E3 MODULEVEL transmitter has microprocessor-based electronics with HART® compatible output, in addition to the standard 4-20 mA output. The E3 MODULEVEL unit supports the FDT/DTM standard and a PACTware™ PC software package allows for additional configuration and trending capabilities. Operating Principle
Changing buoyancy forces caused by liquid level change act upon the spring-supported displacer causing vertical motion of the core within a linear variable differential transformer.
As the core position changes with liquid level, voltages are induced across the secondary windings of the LVDT. These signals are processed in the electronic circuitry and used to control the current in the 4-20 mA current loop. The enclosing tube acts as a static isolation barrier between the LVDT and the process media.
MEDIA: Liquids or slurries, clean or dirty, light hydrocarbons to heavy acids (SG=0.23 to 2.20)
VESSELS: Process & storage, bridles, bypass chambers, interface, sumps & pits up to unit pressure & temperature ratings
CONDITIONS: Most liquid level measurement and control applications including those with varying dielectric, vapours, turbulence, foam, buildup, bubbling or boiling and high fill/empty rates. Also, liquid/liquid interface level measurement or density control
- SIL 2 suitable with the highest Safety Failure Fraction (SFF) of any displacer transmitter at 92.3%
- No calibration required; configuration only
- Available with 4–20 mA and HART® 6.x with PACTware™ PC software and the Field Device Tool (FDT); AMS ready
- Foundation fieldbus™ option with PID block and Link Active Scheduler (LAS) capability
- Comprehensive diagnostics with faults, warnings and status history
- Range spring suppresses effects of turbulence to produce stable output signal
- Suitable for process pressures up to
5150 psig (355 bar)
- For use in process temperatures up to
+600° F (+315° C) in non-steam applications
- Explosion-proof, intrinsically-safe and non-incendive approvals from FM, CSA, ATEX and IEC
- Specific gravity adjustment without stopping process
- Transmitter head rotatable through 360° and removable without interruption of process
- Suitable for interface measurement and density detection
- Electromagnetic compatibility per CE requirement EN 61326
- Shock and vibration suitable per ANSI/ISA-S71.03 Class SA1 and VC2
- PACTware PC software
- Flanged top, cage side/bottom and cage side/side designs
- Integral or remote mount
- Process connections from 1 1/2" to 6"
- ANSI flanges rated from 150# to 2500# RF
- FM/CSA XP, IS and NI approvals / ATEX/IEC XP and IS approvals