Facilities storing bulk solid materials sometimes experience operational problems – often because they have been designed without knowledge of the flow characteristics of the material to be stored. This course advises on preventing such problems.
Day 3 is an optional day in the on-site laboratories using some of the equipment and seeing the processes discussed in the theory section.
- An introduction to the storage and flow of bulk solid materials in hoppers, bins and bunkers
- Determining the flow properties of bulk solids
- Determination of hopper geometry
- Predicting discharge rates
- Feeders and feeding
- Hopper discharge aids
- Prediction of wall loadings and their effect on structural design
- Discussion/troubleshooting period
Course fee: £825 / £1260 per delegate
Venue: Chatham, Kent
Contact: Caroline Chapman [email protected] , +44 20 8331 8646