The School of Engineering at Manchester Metropolitan University has the honour of being PI UK’s accredited PI Competence Centre (PICC).
They have asked us to invite our members and any other interested persons to attend a presentation of their level 5 students’ Professional Design and Practice projects that they will be presenting a poster and stand format on the 29th March. This year the students have been working on many projects including:
- TRIANGULUM (Umar Raza)– Smart cities
- KINDUS (Umar Raza)– RFID and sensor solutions in pharmaceuticals
- UNIPART Rail (Christopher Johnson)– smart lamp design
- ALSTOM Rail (Christopher Johnson) – pantograph design
- PHARMTA (Umar Raza)– smart systems in pharmaceuticals
- GMCA/ARUP (Lisa Simmons) – engineering solutions to homelessness
- EWB (Lisa Simmons) – engineering solutions for developing countries
The format for the event is as follows:
- Registration and welcome lunch – 12 – 12.30pm
- Introduction and Welcome from Head of School 12.35 – 12.45pm
- Invitation to collaborate on undergraduate, postgraduate, and research projects 12.45 – 1pm
- View of students work 1 – 3pm
MMU has had considerable success in undergraduate projects leading into Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), and are always interested in meeting new partners from industry in order to explore the potential for further projects.
If you are interested to attend, please contact MMU directly at [email protected]