The combination of smart technologies with advanced engineering tools and actionable machine information enables manufacturers and machine builders that supply them to accelerate their Connected Enterprise goals significantly.
These three crucial elements form the backdrop to Rockwell Automation’s presence at this year’s SPS IPC Drives (Hall 9, Stand 205). The company will be showing a range of new products and solutions in each of these domains that allow customers to take their machines and equipment – and therefore their business too – to the next level.
A further highlight on the stand is a range of solutions from IoT and augmented reality leader PTC, following Rockwell Automation’s $1bn equity investment in the firm earlier this year. Additionally, Rockwell Automation chairman and CEO Blake Moret will be discussing the implications of this strategic partnership in a press conference on Wednesday 28 November from 10:45 to 11:15 AM.
Smarter Machines and Smarter Operations
Rockwell Automation’s smart technologies encompass advanced control systems, motor control, and smart devices. At SPS IPC Drives 2018, the company will be showcasing a range of new releases and products that include:
- Independent cart technology: new releases of the iTRAK track-based industrial motion control system for packaging and materials handling. The new releases feature new track elements and a lighter track system
- Demo of the MagneMotion transport and positioning solution highlighting scalable Independent Cart Technology solutions for independently moving individual products or items
- ThinManager and Thin Client solutions demonstrating security, mobility and lifecycle management across devices
- High-speed and high-performance controllers and I/O platforms focusing on ControlLogix 5580 plus integrated safety option, Compact Logix 5380 plus integrated safety option
- New PanelView 5310, a high speed and compact HMI solution
- New larger frame, higher power Kinetix 5700 motion servo drives
- New PowerFlex 755T frame sizes (Frame 5, 6, 7) extending the power range of the PowerFlex 755T AC drive family
- New, connected and IIoT devices to enable Smarter Machines and Smarter OperationsFactoryTalk Analytics with AI-driven suggestions for machine optimisation to deliver better performance
Rockwell Automation will also be showing its extensive suite of engineering tools to help companies design, test, build, deliver and maintain Smarter Machines and Equipment for better business results.
The Studio 5000 Engineering Environment offers a single, comprehensive environment that addresses most engineering needs. Studio 5000 comprises machine builder libraries, application code management tools, virtual engineering tools, safety and motion engineering tools.
On its stand at SPS IPC Drives, Rockwell Automation will also be showcasing its virtual machine design tools, integrated with the Microsoft HoloLens mixed-reality headset. This technology enables engineers to see detailed machine information and diagnostics for virtual design, validation, and mixed reality maintenance procedures.
Partnership with PTC
Rockwell Automation’s $1bn equity investment in PTC, giving it an 8.4% stake in the group, was announced in June. At SPS IPC Drives, the two companies will be showcasing their complementary solutions on the stand and outline ways in which they plan to align their respective smart factory technologies.
These points will also be addressed by Rockwell Automation’s chairman and CEO Blake Moret in a press conference on Wednesday, November 28 from 10:45 to 11:15 AM.
Rockwell Automation Ltd
Elena Popova – Marketing Communications UK and Ireland
Tel +44 1908 627889
Email: [email protected]
Rockwell Automation are a global provider of industrial power, control and information solutions