Fike ASME flow testing
- Product Code:
The Fike Flow Laboratory is a general-purpose flow characterisation laboratory for quantifying the performance of bursting disc devices, bursting disc/relief valve combinations and any other device whose flow capacity and/or resistance to flow must be determined. The laboratory is used as a research and development tool to support specific customer applications and many other unique testing opportunities:
- Product development flow resistance and capacity tests
- ASME “UD” certification tests
- ASME five-year production audits of certified bursting disc devices
- Flow capacity measurements
- Combination capacity tests of bursting discs coupled with pressure relief valves
- “UV” (valve) certification tests
Fike engineers who are responsible for test supervision and record keeping are accredited as “Authorized Observers” (AO) by the ASME and the NB. These credentials have been achieved by technical examination performed by a representative from the NB Testing Laboratory. Fike laboratory engineers have also been granted authority to supervise and certify tests which produce certifiable flow resistance and flow capacity data.
The Flow Laboratory has met the requirements of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NB) and is a certified testing facility (certification # PRD-023).