AFG Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mill
- Product Code:
The iconic Alpine Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mill with integrated classifier permits the contamination-free grinding of even very hard materials down to ultra high fineness.
In jet milling, comminution is exclusively the result of inter-particle collision in the gas jets and because there are no moving machine components in the grinding zone, neither machine wear nor product contamination occurs. This is why jet milling is often used when contamination-free products are required.
Jet milling is suitable for any material hardness value from Mohs hardness 1 (talc) to Mohs hardness 10 (diamonds) and typically the AFG Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mill is used for manufacturing powders with a steep particle size distribution and sharp top size limitation in the range < 5 µm to 200 µm.
Jet mills are impact mills which are used to achieve maximum fineness values at maximum product purity. Such particle sizes can only be obtained in connection with an air classifying step. Spiral jet mills have a static air classifier integrated into the mill housing, whereas fluidised bed opposed jet mills are equipped with a dynamic deflector-wheel classifier giving far greater control of product fineness.
Even difficult products can be processed efficiently with the AFG jet mills.
- Heat-sensitive materials such as toner, resin, wax, fat, ion exchangers, plant protectors, dyestuffs and pigments
- Hard and abrasive materials such as silicon carbide, zircon sand, corundum, glass frits, aluminium oxide, metallic compounds
- Highly pure materials where the requirement is contamination-free processing such as fluorescent powders, silica gel, silica, special metals, ceramic raw materials, pharmaceuticals
- High-performance magnetic materials based on rare earth metals such as neodymium-iron-boron and samarium-cobalt. Mineral raw materials such as kaolin, graphite, mica, talc
- Selectively ground composite materials such as metal alloys