- Product Code:
ATEX compliance (on request) is yet a further advantage for using these excellent power transmission couplings.
Using advanced design techniques, implementation of Finite Element Analysis, and extensive testing of materials, an innovative disc pack profile design has been developed, revolutionary to traditional disc pack designs found in the market.
This disc pack can accommodate 1/2° to 1-1/2° of angular misalignment, and is used in all R & L Hydraulics disc coupling products.
These disc packs are manufactured using high-grade stainless steel (AISI-301), ensuring high strength, high endurance to fatigue, and resistance to most environmental conditions.
These disc couplings utilise unitised disc packs with 4, 6 or 8 bolt designs. While the 8 bolt design can transmit greater torque than the 4 or 6 bolt design, it is not able to accommodate as much angular misalignment.
These couplings can also be fitted with overload bushings to protect the disc pack during momentary torsional overloads.
Attributes of the disc coupling range:
- Eliminates the need for lubrication and coupling maintenance.
- Coupling can be inspected without disassembly.
- Condition of disc packs can be inspected with a strobe light while the machine is running.
(Note: It is not recommended that couplings be operated without coupling guards.)
- Easy to assess equipment misalignment.
- Torsionally rigid without any backlash.
- No wearing parts.
- Resistance to harsh environments.
- Long life when properly sized and aligned.
- High power density (higher torque for a given outside diameter).
- Lovejoy supports the API-610 Standard up to 3,800 RPM.
- ATEX Certified for SU, SX, DI, SXC, SXCS, SXCST, DIR, DILR, DIRA and DIRLA product lines.
- Unitised disc packs ensure repeatability necessary for meeting the balance and piloting requirements as mandated by API-610.