Torque Limiting Couplings
- Product Code:
Attributes of the torque limiting coupling range:
- Torque limiting up to 23,000 Nm.
- Coupling prevents high shock loads.
- Standard brass bushes for extended durability.
- Torque adjustment possible even in assembled condition.
- Acid resistant versions available on request.
- Units finish machined to suit customer applications.
These torque limiters are designed for machines with chain, gear or belt drives to prevent overloading of sensitive motors, gearboxes and machine components.
If overloading causes the level of transmitted torque to exceed the frictional torque between the two friction discs, which is created by the pre-tensioned disc spring, the coupling slips and forcibly breaks the connection between the driving and driven side. When the torque subsequently falls to a level below that of the frictional force, the friction discs re-engage and torque transmission without backlash resumes.
20 different high-quality versions that can be adapted to the varying conditions of almost all drive systems are available.