- Product Code:
Tuffy®ii Side-mounted Float Switch
Tuffy liquid level switches are float actuated devices designed for horizontal mounting in a tank or vessel through threaded or flanged pipe connections. The compact size allows for installation in small vessels, while its many features provide a variety of application uses. The single switch mechanism is available in SPDT or DPDT forms on units designed for adjustable, narrow or wide differential and interface service.
The TUFFY II achieves switching action through the use of repelling magnets on the float assembly and the switch mechanism. Separating the two magnets is a nonmagnetic pressure barrier.
The float follows the liquid level as it changes, causing the attached float magnet to move into the field of the switch magnet. The like poles of these magnets repel each other causing the switch magnet to change position, actuating the switch.
- Day tanks
- Fuel storage tanks
- Flash tanks
- Condesnate receivers
- Cooling towers
- High and high/high alarm from single tank entry
- Single electric switch for high or low-level alarm or control functions
- Spacious switch wiring compartment
- Pressure ratings to 2160 psig (149 bar)
- Process temperatures to +750° F (+399° C)
- NACE and/or ASME B31.3 construction
- Specific gravity as low as 0.40
- Narrow or adjustable level differential
- Silver or gold switch contacts
- SPDT or DPDT dry contact or hermetically-sealed switches
- External mounting chambers
- Hastelloy C wetted parts